Safety Officer with OPB license – preferably Mexico based
Apply for the role
To apply for this role, please register your interest by submitting your employment application (CV, copies of relevant certificates and motivation letter) via email, stating Safety Officer in the subject line and email through to: email@example.com
Telford are seeking an experienced Chief Engineer to join our Vessel Management team.
Purpose of Role
The Chief Engineer is the Head of the Department for vessel engineering and has the full authority over all engineering and planned maintenance on the vessel.
Operational Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsibility for the efficient, safe running and maintenance of the mechanical, electrical, and ancillary equipment and deck machinery on board the vessel.
- Efficient allocation of manpower in support of the PMS.
- Ensuring PMS is supported, and vessel is maintained in accordance with applicable rules and regulations including class requirements.
- Being on-call for 24 / 7 while onboard
- The maintenance of the vessel’s Technical Manuals.
- Responsible for ensuring that all members of the Engine Room Department are thoroughly conversant with all relevant Rules, Regulations, Legislation, Codes and Guidelines inc technical/ manufacturers manuals.
- Ensuring all certification is in date.
- Assists the Vessel Superintendent in preparing dry dock specification and work scopes.
- Ensures that all bunkering operations are carried out safely and in accordance with company procedures.
- Ensures that the Oil Record Book is maintained.
- Assists Master for the implementing the Company’s policies and Safety Management System.
- Annual review of critical equipment list.
- Act as a member of the emergency team as dictated by the Muster List.
- CoC as per STCW Regulation III/2.
- Flag State Certification of equivalent competency (if applicable).
- Valid Medical Certificate.
- Training & certification as follows:
- PSSR as per STCW
- PSCRB as per STCW
- AFF as per STCW
- Medical First Aid as per STCW
- High Voltage
- Engine Room Resource Management
- BOSIET / FOET
- Ship Awareness Training as per STCW.
- Medical Fitness Certificate as per STCW / MLC Standards
- Seaman Book
- Yellow Fever Vaccination
- Covid – fully vaccinated
Apply for the role
To apply for this role, please register your interest by submitting your employment application (CV, copies of relevant certificates and motivation letter) via email, stating Chief Engineer in the subject line and email through to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency candidate submissions will only be accepted where the HR Manager has authorised the specific agency to work on the role.