Applicant Privacy Notice
Last update: December 2021
- Scope of application
This privacy notice applies to the processing of personal data, which means information about an identifiable individual (“you”), that Telford Offshore Holdings Limited, Cayman Islands (“Telford”, “we”, “us” or “our”) collects about candidates for employment. It also describes your data protection rights, including a right to object to some of the processing which Telford carries out. More information about your rights, and how to exercise them, is set out in the Your Choices and Rights section herein.
We also may provide you with additional information when we collect personal data, where we feel it would be helpful to provide relevant and timely information.
- What personal data we collect
- Personal identification and communication information: your name, home address, phone number; email address; date of birth, gender and immigration status;
- Application-related information: curriculum vitae (CV), cover letter, employment history, education history, qualifications and skills, reference contact information, position preferences, willingness to relocate, desired salary, interests and aspirations, and background screening information if relevant;
- Sensitive information: for example, information about your health and disabilities where we need to make any reasonable adjustments ; and
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies).
- Why we collect, use and store this personal data
We collect, use and store your personal data for the reasons set out below.
- Where this is necessary for Telford to enter into an employment contract with you.
- To make informed decisions on recruitment and assess your suitability for the role.
- To reimburse you for any agreed expenses incurred in the application process.
- Where necessary to comply with a legal obligation.
- To assess your fitness and propriety in connection your engagement in a controlled function, where applicable.
- Where necessary for Telford’s legitimate interests, as listed below, and where our interests are not overridden by your data protection rights.
- To improve our recruitment process and activities
- To verify the details you have supplied and conduct pre-employment background checks;
- To contact you about future career opportunities at Telford.
- Protecting our legitimate business interests and legal rights, including, use in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory, auditing, investigative and disciplinary purposes (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation) and other ethics and compliance reporting requirements.
- To analyse and monitor the diversity of the workforce in accordance with applicable laws. This includes, for example, compliance with equal opportunity employment laws.
For recruitment activities the provision of personal identification and communication information and application related information is mandatory: if relevant data is not provided, then we will not be able to proceed with recruitment activities in respect of your application. All other provision of your information is optional during the recruitment process. A failure to provide optional information may lead to your application for employment with the company not being progressed.
- Verification and background checks
For certain positions, it will be necessary for us to verify the details you have supplied (for example, in relation to your identity, employment history, academic qualification and professional credentials) and to conduct pre-employment background checks (for example, in relation to previous criminal convictions or financial standing). The level of checks will depend on your role, in particular whether you will occupy a regulated role, and will be conducted at as late a stage as is practicable in the recruitment process. We will provide further information about the checks involved and will obtain any necessary consent prior to completing such checks.
- How we share your personal data
Your personal data will be shared with companies providing services under contract to Telford as part of the recruitment process, such as background checks, arrangement of travel where this is necessitated as part of the recruitment process, psychometric tests or assessment tests.
Your personal data also will be shared with government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if mandated by law or if required for the protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws.
In the event that a Telford business is sold or integrated with another business, your details may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchaser’s adviser and will be passed to the new owners of the business.
- Your choices and rights
You have the right to ask Telford for a copy of your personal data held by us; to correct, delete or restrict processing of your personal data; and to obtain the personal data you provide in a structured, machine readable format. In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal data in some circumstances (in particular, where we don’t have to process the data to meet a contractual or other legal requirement). Where we have asked for your consent, you may withdraw consent at any time. If you ask to withdraw your consent to Telford processing your data, this will not affect any processing which has already taken place at that time.
These rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law or have compelling legitimate interests to keep. If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to complain to a data protection authority.
- How long we retain your personal data
If you are successful: we will retain your personal data only for as long as we need it for Telford’s legitimate interest in accordance with applicable law, for the purposes of the recruitment process and, once this process is finished, for an appropriate period so as to be able to deal with any legal claims linked to the application process. After this period which we will take steps to delete your personal data or hold it in a form that no longer identifies you. If you become a Telford employee, personal information you provide will become a part of your employee file and may be used later for the management of the employment relationship.
If you are not successful: we will retain your personal data for 12 months so we can keep you in mind for future recruitment processes. If you would prefer that we did not keep your details on file, please let us know.
- International transfers
Your personal data will be processed in or accessed from jurisdictions outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) by members of the Telford Group Human Resources and Recruitment team, interviewers involved in the recruitment process, managers in the business area with a vacancy and IT staff where access to the data is necessary for the performance of their roles in jurisdictions that do not have equivalent data protection laws to those in the EEA for the purposes outlined above.
- Updates to this privacy notice
This privacy notice may be updated periodically. We will update the date at the top of this privacy notice accordingly and encourage you to check for changes to this privacy notice, which will be available at http://www.telfordoffshore.com/web/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Applicant_Privacy_Policy.pdf On some occasions, we may also actively advise you of specific data handling activities or significant changes to this privacy notice, as required by applicable law.
- Contact us
The data controller for your personal data will be Telford Offshore Holdings Limited, Cayman Islands.
If you have questions about this privacy notice or wish to contact us for any reason in relation to our personal data processing, please contact Telford’s Data Protection Officer, N Holmes who can be contacted at Telford Offshore Limited, Jumeirah Lake Towers, Mazaya Business Avenue, Building AA1, PO Box 337673 Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Tel: +971 4 5755061, email: dataprotectionofficer@Telfordoffshore.com
- Version history
||Issued for Use
||Issued for Use