Lead Contracts Engineer – Dubai, UAE
We are pleased to offer a new position in our Operations Team, based in the Telford Offshore HQ in Dubai. This is a great opportunity to be part of a newly-created company whose team members collectively have years of experience working for a wide range of oil and gas operators and top-tier contractors worldwide. If you are an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual, with a positive attitude and focused on client service, this is a fantastic opportunity to join our multicultural team at a very exciting time.
Our team strives to maximize the capabilities of our assets and offering solutions that add real value for our clients. Our four values: Proactivity, Agility, Clarity and Team spirit are a PACT between all of us to deliver excellence on board.
In our focused organisation, you will be able make a real difference and enhance your career as you help us achieve our company’s growth aspirations.
OVERALL OBJECTIVE OF THE JOB
The Lead Contracts Engineer is responsible for contractual matters, ensuring they are properly and effectively negotiated, documented and implemented, and in accordance with company standards.
The work scope includes (but is not limited to) the following tasks:
– Ensures that projects established and agreed contract terms and conditions are adhered to, ensuring the most appropriate terms and conditions are used that suit the specific scope of work;
– Ensuring compliance with project contracting, contract management plans, schedules and budgets with deliverables achieved on time and to a consistently high standard;
– Providing specialist advice in designated area of expertise;
– Taking the lead in resolution of claims, pending matters or disputes with contractors to ensure timely and effective closure of all contracts;
– Assessing, reviewing and advising Management in respect of contractor claims for variations and extensions;
– Contributing to and reviewing the scopes of work and contract conditions;
– Ensuring all commercial requirements of the contract are satisfied;
– Develop and maintain change and variation order proposal register, account for potential changes in cost and schedule forecasts;
– Other activities as assigned by company manager from time to time.
It is envisaged the successful candidate will already be working/living in the Middle East.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
– A tertiary degree in either Quantity Surveying or Law;
– Experience in negotiation of lump sum and BIMCO contracts;
– Strong contract management skills gained in the offshore oil and gas industry – in particular offshore construction.